Welcome to week one and challenge one! Remember you are not alone in this - be sure to follow me on Twitter or Facebook to receive daily encouragememt.
What does water do for you?
- Lubricates your joints
- Flushes toxins from your body
- Increases your metabolism [helping you burn more categories]
- Gives you the fresh faced look by plumping up the cells in your skin so lines are less visible
- Gives you a sense of well-being
When we are dehydrated...
- Weight loss slows down or totally stops
- Digestion suffers [constipation, mal-absorption]
- Experience the 'fake' hunger
- Loss of energy and the motivation to exercise
- Water retention [puffiness and weight gain]
- Mental 'fog'
- Dry Skin
What counts as your 12 cups?
- Water [try mixing 4oz of pure cranberry juice with 28 oz water]
- Herbal Tea [if you are craving coffee try having a herbal tea first!]
- spark [have this first thing in the morning for continued energy levels throughout the day - it helped me kick my soda habit! My favorite flavors are Mandarian Orange & Pink Lemonade]
Beverages that do not count, for example
We can make this happen! Here are some tips:
- Plan ahead: carry a water bottle with you EVERYWHERE.
- Spread yoru water intake throughout the day, rather than drinking severa cups at once.
- Instead of reaching for food - reach for your water bottle first.