The WINNER is: Carol in Seattle!!!! contact me email@example.com
This past weekend I flew down to San Jose to surprise my friend AnnaRobyn (or AR or Anna or Robyn)! It was her sister Kim's CM Crop Away weekend in Occidental, CA so I knew it would be a fun weekend to spend time together. The weekend is organized by the coolest Creative Memories consultants - it is low key and goal is to have FUN! If you want to join us next year be sure to contact Kim Heggins at: firstname.lastname@example.org There is limited space so you need to get your deposit it in early. I am hoping to again next year!
The venue for the event is great for scrapbooking - lots of space, as long as you didn't bring your kitchen sink! ;) It is held at the Alliance Redwoods in Occidental and you stay at the lodges on the campground. While it's not camping - it's not the Ritz Carlton either. They have been doing this for nine years and this is my second time attending.
Getting ready for a crop...does the statement create a little anxiety?? I was a little anxious about packing up my things for a scrapbooking weekend - but after a pep talk from Stacy I realized that I was set up to do this! I was more concerned about bringing all the tools necessary. But soon realized as long as you bring a basic tool kit you should be fine! I grabbed five kits (in my project folder section of my shelving unit) that I have been wanting to do, a few tools and some embellishments - I even pulled a few sets of pictures from my category drawers (Library of Memories system) so I would be able to complete some mini albums. Everything fit into my pink Target suitcase (not sure if they carry this Issac Mizirahi one anymore) and arrived off the plane neat & tidy. I use the cropper hopper case to transport all my smaller tools and it fits nicely in the suitcase. The only larger tools that I bring are the 12" Fiskars paper trimmer and my ATG adhesive 'gun'.This was my first time using the rotary Fiskars trimmer and I have to say that it worked really well. I still love my Genesis trimmer at home, for traveling this was perfect and I love that you can get different blades for it - the scalloped one is my favorite.
Here are my five complete projects! 1] Why i Scrapbook by Kristina Contes - I just need to add pictures 2] Halloween album Cocoa Daisy kit - pictures and journaling are done 3] December Daily album that I was going to do in 2008 but now I will be using for 2009 by Cocoa Daisy & Ali Edwards 4] Mini book by Ali Edwards using the January Cocoa Daisy kit (January) - pictures and journaling are done 5] Altered folder album by Carol Wingert that I will be making two more of so I can give as gifts. I know that most of these kits are sold out but I think that you can really use the stuff that you have on hand to create similar projects. I will be posting detailed shots of these completed jewels later this week.
I can safely say that by being organized the way that I am it was VERY easy to prepare for this event and complete all the projects. Also because my pictures are in the Library of Memories system I will be able to find the pictures I want to add to the 'Why i Scrapbook' album very quickly!
I also loved checking out all the new Creative Memories product! Well new to me - and it was fun to see how much the company had progressed. I owe a great deal to Creative Memories, it's how I started scrapbooking. I was invited by a friend, received a cool pair of scissors and the rest is history. But here are my top five product finds from CM
- PicFolio albums - this was the first time I have seen these! Great for the Library of Memories system or photo album scrapbooking - they have these kits that include the 4x6 mats, you could finish an entire album in less than a weekend and it would look like a masterpiece.
- Jewel Acheivement kit - in person this kit is gorgeous!
- 12 inch Decorative Trimmer - used this several times over the weekend, even on chipboard.
- Circle cutter - I have had this for some time and still think that it's the easiest for me to use. I also love the CM cutting mat and just ordered another one to replace my beat up 10 year old one!
- Corner Maker - easy to punch and smooth edges every time
- Take a picture of your self right now, no primping or preparing. Just snap a picture.
- Load onto your blog.
- Tag 3 people to play...remember if you are tagged on another blog we will all be heading to yours to see if you played along.